Pebbly beach Murramarang National Park

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 09, 2007 at 08:30
ThreadID: 50373 Views:3421 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi there,
We christened the camper trailer !! very nice short time away.
just had a quick few days away at Pebbly beach, very pretty spot but the camping area was so organised it took a bit of the adventure out of the whole experience. Facilities were good (flush toilets, cold shower...brrrr..). The camping pads are not that generous for a large family tent (which our friends had) and there are bollards around everything so you must park in the designated spots. There is nowhere camper trailer friendly only 5 or so caravan bays that are also cordoned off by fencing with rough gravel on the ground. we have a 12' camper and had to perch on the edge of a spot and front the annex into the van area and a tarp under the tent floor... despite all this the bush walks were great for the whole family and the beach was beautiful !! I believe that Pretty beach has grassy camping ground so will try it another time. it was an easy drive in on a dirt road .. There were lots of fishermen there and people stopping off for an overnighter.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: pepper2 - Tuesday, Oct 09, 2007 at 10:09

Tuesday, Oct 09, 2007 at 10:09
have you tried depot beach not far from pebbly beach
AnswerID: 265713

Reply By: Philip A - Tuesday, Oct 09, 2007 at 10:26

Tuesday, Oct 09, 2007 at 10:26
Beat me. Far better, not regimented. Kangas there too.
What are NPWS thinking?
I wouldn't stay there if they paid me!
Regards Philip A
AnswerID: 265719

Follow Up By: Sando - Tuesday, Oct 09, 2007 at 21:43

Tuesday, Oct 09, 2007 at 21:43
I know,
it was disappointing but we went with 2 other families and the company was great. Have since sussed out Depot beach and some others but wont go back to Pebbly in a hurry !!
I thought that camping in Nat Parks was suppose to be a back to nature experience !!! (and $52 with all the fees)
So exactly what NPWS was thinking is beyond me.. or is it up to their caretakers how it is all set out. It is looked after by a couple that run cabins nearby.

Will try other NPWS places and see how they go (the kids just love to camp by the beach but the old man likes the bush - it's tough to choose sometimes)

cheers all... :-)

FollowupID: 527810

Sponsored Links